Georeferenced/georegistered aerial and satellite borne imagery is highly valuable for an innumerable list of applications including precision farming, target geolocation, surveying, environmental monitoring, transportation and logistics, search and rescue, and other GIS applications. Unfortunately, the majority of low-cost vision-based systems fail to provide the georegistration accuracy necessary for such applications. To this end, OKSI has developed low-cost software-based georegistration software tools capable of automatically georeferencing aerial images in all spectral bands from the visible, SWIR, MWIR, LWIR, and/or hyperspectral modalities. The software tool performs the following:
- Automatic orthorectification/georegistration of any image modality, and/or hyperspectral imagery
- Pixel-level georegistration accuracy (i.e., the georegistration accuracy is proportional to the ground sample distance (GSD))
- Post-processing is standard (real-time processing is available)
- Automatic georegistration:
- Feature-based methods: Hyperspectral and VNIR
- Direct-methods: VNIR/SWIR/Thermal IR/Hyperspectral
The automatic georegistration software tool only requires the aerial imagery, an approximate GPS location, and approximate heading information. Accurate georegistration of aerial/satellite imagery enables the imagery to be observed within the context of a Geographic Information System (GIS) stack.